Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Saving Gobs of Money in Textbook Purchases: upcdatabase.com -- the ULTIMATE Textbook Deal Finder

I think many of you will agree with this statement:  A textbook (or, for me, a casebook) is a textbook is a textbook.

Sometime in the past year or two, I discovered what I consider the ultimate student's tool to finding low-cost textbooks:  upcdatabase.com

Who knew acquiring textbooks could be so painless, both in terms of time spent researching and money spent purchasing?
The site provides a meta search of countless textbook providers, sortable by total price (my personal favorite), merchant, condition, book price, or shipping cost.  There's even a direct link to the merchant's webpage where the book is offered.

I'm ashamed I just recently thought to post about this remarkable tool, seeing as I'm already wrapping up my third and final year of law school . . .  For those of you still braving the east wind of textbook expenditures, may this offering provide you peace of mind, fatness of wallet, and a refuge from the storm.

I <3 upcdatabase.com and the free, open market.  GO CAPITALISM!!

(Oh, and if you're curious just how much you could save on a given purchase, determine the UPC code for the book, click on "Look Up" (found under Actions:), enter the UPC code, and compare the various results.  I'm confident you'll be very happy with the cost separation.)

3 comments:

Fletch said...

Seems a bit of a shame you found this so late in your academic career. But better late than never!

Not sure said...

Well, hopefully we can sell all of you books over the next while.

Daniel said...

Yes, indeed.

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/matt/20.1-16?lang=eng#1