Monday, March 11, 2013

Promoting "Shared with me" items in Google Drive to regular status

Okay, as an upfront disclaimer, I'm sure +François Beaufort+Dinsan Francis+GOS Blog or someone else I generally follow like stink on a monkey has pointed this out, before; I stumbled upon it for the first time, today.

If you're like me, you might have a spouse or someone else with whom you share a lot of files and or folders.  Today, I wanted to add a file I created on my wife's computer (a scanned pdf) to one of the Google Drive folders I shared with her from my account.  I failed to locate my shared folder, when I went to "organize" (or put a label) on the file . . .

"Where are those blasted 'Shared with me' items, anyway??!!"
Thankfully, with a little elbow grease and Google research, I figured out "Shared with me" items will remain in their lowly and unobtrusive nook, unless I promote them to my regular scenery, such as in "My Drive."

Select the files/folders you want to "promote" (my words) to your regular files/folders area and click "Add to My Drive"
Now, my "Shared with me" items can live with my [created by me] items, happily ever after.

Cue the non-bird-exploding-and-rice-replacing celebration substance!

No comments: