Thursday, August 25, 2011

Automatic Sign-in for Google Sites in Chrome 15

Update:  I want to tip my hat to Dinu of ChromeStory, for spotting a glimpse of this in the Chromium code, back in June:  http://chromestory.com/2011/06/using-chrome-sync-you-are-already-logged-in-to-google-account/

Over the past couple days, I've stumbled across what I believe is a new feature in Chrome 15:  Enable automatic sign in for Google sites.


The functionality is a little less automatic than advertised, as it appears the feature allows me to manually click on "Sign in," which will enable me to avoid typing in my username/password.


Neato for people who want to avoid using LastPass.  For me, I prefer the full automation LastPass provides (I land on a site and LastPass fills in my credentials and logs me in).

No comments: