Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today's Spiritual Message: The Book of Mormon (Scripture)

You may have heard about the Book of Mormon Musical on Broadway.  To my knowledge, it tracks a couple of missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ("Mormons"), as they encounter difficulty, trial, and, to put it gently, a whole lot of "stuff," in Africa . . .  So what about the book that shares the musical's name?  I love the Church's official response to the musical:
The production may attempt to entertain audiences for an evening, but The Book of Mormon as a volume of scripture will change people's lives forever by bringing them closer to Christ.
—Official Church Statement on the Book of Mormon Musical
And so it does.


And now, behold, I will testify unto you of myself that these things are true. Behold, I say unto you, that I do know that Christ shall come among the children of men, to take upon him the transgressions of his people, and that he shall atone for the sins of the world; for the Lord God hath spoken it.  (Alma 34:8)
And I said unto him: Believest thou the scriptures? And he said, Yea.  And I said unto him: Then ye do not understand them; for they truly testify of Christ. Behold, I say unto you that none of the prophets have written, nor prophesied, save they have spoken concerning this Christ.  (Jacob 7:10-11)
I add my testimony to those of Amulek, Jacob, and so many Book of Mormon prophets that Jesus is the Christ, the One sent to suffer and atone for our sins.  I also testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and another testament of Jesus Christ.  I invite you to gain this own witness for yourself, by following the  instructions given in Moroni 10:3-5.  I add my promise to Moroni's that if you will ask God with a sincere heart and real intent -- meaning you are willing to act on the answer you receive -- you will come to know by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true.

To learn more about the Book of Mormon, its power and witness of Christ, along with its origins, I invite you to visit http://mormon.org/book-of-mormon/.  To learn more about how the Book of Mormon has impacted my own life, I invite you to click on the image, at the right, that says "I'm a Mormon . . ." (beneath the heading, "My Mormon.org Profile").

As always, please feel free to share your thoughts, questions, and comments, below.

No comments: