Sunday, September 13, 2009

THE TRIP

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for:

OUR TRIP FROM OREM TO CINCINNATI!

There are a lot of pictures, so I won't be offended if you zip through them quickly.

Make sure you pause on the ones with our daughter in them, though, my wife snapped some classics.

You should more or less be able to feel out the various regions we drove through.

Can anyone guess where we took the picture of the run-down DQ combined with some random restaurant?





Oh, in case you're interested, I almost left off the story about Arches.

We planned on driving through there on our way to CO. Once we neared the park, I saw a tiny little sign with an arrow which read Arches National Park.

Hmm, I though to myself, it must be coming up soon . . .

Needless to say, we didn't figure out we had missed it until we were driving out of Moab. :'(

The park was awesome, but I was a little deflated, so we made it somewhat of a drive-by-shooting.

I think my wife's shot of me with our daughter in the Visitor's Center parking lot exemplifies how the rest of the day went.

After we left Arches, our daughter could barely last five consecutive minutes on the freeway and we threw in the towel once we made it to Grand Junction.

The rest of the trip was pretty much driving with Jim Dale.

Good times.

4 comments:

Rock Solid said...

Dan -

What hotel did you stay at and where was it?

Daniel said...

Depends on the place.

We stopped in GJ, CO; Salina KS; Somewhere IL.

We pretty much stayed in Super8ish places, but if you need more info, let me know and I can find out.

Pam said...

Fun stuff, Daniel...but a lot more fun to look back on than to live through, I'll bet! I'm glad you all made it safe and sound!

Steph said...

Oh wow, I was kind of tired out just watching that trip. HAHA. Maria is super adorable!