Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

First, let me say to one and all, Happy Thanksgiving!  I really enjoyed my day off with family and friends.  My daughter ran around (trying to escape her parents' restrictive arms) so much, she fell asleep with pie in her mouth, on the way home.  Good times.

In addition to my family, I'm very grateful for this nation and the religious freedom we enjoy.

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!
To that end, I highly recommend this article on the pilgrims and religious freedom, from the LDS newsroom.

1 comment:

Not sure said...

Yes, thanksgiving was wonderful and I think that my favorite memory was Maria with the pie in her mouth.