Sunday, May 16, 2010

Today's Spiritual Message: Go to the Ohio

Wherefore, for this cause I gave unto you the acommandment that ye should go to the bOhio; and there I will give unto you my claw; and there you shall be dendowed with power from on high;  D&C 38:  32
Over the past few days, my mother, wife, daughter, and I had the fantastic opportunity to visit three main church history sites:  a) the Newel K. Whitney Store, b) the Kirtland Temple, and c) the John Johnson Farm.

Newel K. Whitney Store

Here, there were at least 20 revelations received in the upper rooms of the store, including the Word of Wisdom.
Kirtland Temple

Here, Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were visited by at least the Savior Jesus Christ, Moses, Elias, and Elijah.  http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/110/

John Johnson Farm

Here, the Prophet Joseph and Sidney Rigdon received, among many other revelations, the 76th Section of the Doctrine and Covenants, which bears testimony of Jesus Christ, explains the three degrees of glory, and discusses the plan of salvation.

These were not the only special locations we visited, but each had a very special spirit about it.  I feel so privileged to have walked where the Savior communed with His chosen servants.

There is so much more that happened in these locations and the others that we visited, but there simply isn't time or space to relate it all.

But this I can relate:  I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, called by Jesus Christ to restore His church on the earth today, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I hope you enjoyed the small sample of scriptures above and encourage you to visit mormon.org or scriptures.lds.org for more.

I will promptly post the pictures we actually took.  Stay tuned.

No comments: