Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gmail Rolls Out Five New Themes

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/five-new-themes.html

Straight black or straight white
It's black, it's white.  I'll be candid in saying these both felt like a wallop in the stomach to me (a bit too much to swallow).

Ride the Android wave (RIP, Google Wave)
Android.  I'm delighted to see little Android robots hiding behind the envelope and elsewhere.  On the other hand, I'm uncomfortable with the CPU design up top and a lot of white, in general.

Relax in the Tree Tops

Tree tops.  I like the relaxation and "sustainability," yet I feel a little overwhelmed by all the green.  Maybe I'll switch to this if I ever get a degree from Berkley.  :)

Get out your Marker, for a home-made style

Marker.  While I strongly believe this is a shout-out to the Chrome OS video put out back in the day (see this post, for example, http://cougarabogado.blogspot.com/2010/05/google-docs-and-internet-my-new-home_30.html), and I love that, this new theme still comes up short for me, when compared to my current favorite:  High Score.

Why leave my childhood behind when I can relive it every day?
To check out the new themes, go to Settings>Themes in Gmail.

What's your favorite theme?  Please sound off in the comments.

1 comment:

Not sure said...

They're cool and I think I'll stick with what I have. I think I would like it if somewhere we could incorporate pictures at the bottom of the screen that change daily. That would be nice