Sunday, February 20, 2011

Today's Spiritual Message: Putting Life on Pause to Serve

This week I learned about Tyler Haws.  He is arguably one of the most successful high school basketball players, ever, and he has put his collegiate career with BYU on hold, to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.



I'm very impressed with this decision, as I understand it can be very difficult to be away from a sport for two years and then try to pick it up again, with the same excellence.

Regardless of how Tyler plays basketball when he returns, I'm glad he decided to dedicate two years of his life to serving his Heavenly Father's children as a missionary.

1 comment:

Not sure said...

I think that's a really amazing store. I hope that we can be as good of friends with our kids.