Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I've Made the Switch!

Yes, F-Word, it's official; but no, sadly, Google has not paid me to make the switch from Firefox to Chrome.

I've posted on this subject before and said there were really two things that kept me from making Chrome my default browser: AdBlock Plus and FAYT (Find As You Type).

While there still hasn't been a solution for the second (grr), there has been a joyous resolution to the proliferation of all those irritating ads.

Yep. It's called AdSweep. It requires a little bit of know how to set up (I had to get an email from the dude who created it to get it to work for me) but once in action, it works like a charm.

As for the FAYT, there is a search function, it's just not as snappy. Oh well, I'm sure it will come around eventually.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the lightning speed of Chrome and can only hope it will soon improve on things like the FAYT dearth and it's clumsy full screen mode.

Let me know if you have any questions.

As always, Chrome in, er, chime in with your comments.

Just remember, F-Word, I'm already anticipating your cries of Google chicanery . . .

2 comments:

Rock Solid said...

What's with the F-word?

I love Chrome thus far. Thanks to Cougar for getting me started.

Daniel said...

He's the FletchWord.