Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today's Spiritual Message: The Father of Us All

Today is my first Father's Day.

These are days that I've been looking forward to and have been prepared for my whole life.

Who knew that 9lbs and a few ounces could bring so much joy into my life?

But we've had this kind of question come up before and the answer has always been thus:

Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy (2 Nephi 2: 25).

And again:

Behold, the Lord hath created the earth that it should be inhabited; and he hath created his children that they should possess it (1 Nephi 17: 36).

For His great "work" and His "glory" is:

To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man (Moses 1: 39).

What an amazing thought that the Father of us all would trust me enough to take one of His own children into my home to teach and lead her.

Click here for more on how God is our loving Heavenly Father.

No comments: