Friday, July 31, 2009

A Bunch of Pratts and Gits

Today at work, I stumbled across a dude whose last name is Git (I can't remember if it's one t or two).

Seeing as I've spent many hours of 2009 re-listening to the Hairless Potter series, I had to pause when I came across this interesting surname.

Interestingly enough, one of the most famous pioneers (although not of the handcart variety) in LDS lore is Parley P Pratt . . . Am I missing something?

Well, I guess not, seeing as I've come across about 1 million + hilarious names at work this year.

Please chime in with one of your favorites.

For your edumucation, here is some background on prats and gits. (Don't forget to listen closely for their widespread and uproariously funny usage in HP -- if simply for nothing more than its being uncommon Brittish cheek. I don't get enough in the States.)

1 comment:

Steph said...

British people always have the most awesome terminology :)