Wednesday, July 1, 2009

CANADA Day?

Today, as I was making a phone call to an association in Canada, I got a message saying the office was closed and to call back during normal business hours . . . I was puzzled.

However, once I took a closer look at my You Might Be a Redneck If . . . calendar tonight, I figured things out.

It appears that Canada Day, held on July 1, is pretty much the equivalent of the United States' Fourth of July. But, admittedly, I could be mistaken (it has happened to me before, believe it or not).

To be Scott with you, I don't think of Canada much unless it comes to hockey, a few movie stars (e.g., Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, etc.), killer maple syrup, some not-so-distant cousins, or that funny I am Canadian! commercial.

Who knew that today is "Canada's Birthday"?

Anyway, make sure you take my fun poll at the right and HAPPY CANADA DAY to all of my Canadian cousins and friends!!

No comments: