Wednesday, April 13, 2011

General Conference Wordles: What Conference Is All About

I'd seen word (or tag) clouds before today, yet, to be candid, I think I just barely learned that another name for them is a wordle.

I heard about the term by reading an LDS Newsroom Blog post about what words speakers used the most in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints April General Conference.

So, basically, a wordle shows (visually) which words in a defined group of text are used the most.  Here's an image from the Newsroom Blog that shows which words speakers at the April General Conference used the most.

Which words do you notice the most?
Users can create a wordle for a bunch of copy/pasted text or from a specific URL (web address) at http://www.wordle.net/create.

I'll post a wordle depicting this blog, later, when I'm using my other computer, since I appear to be missing a required plugin on my Cr-48.

I think I had be using a Java plugin.  Anyway, here it is, as promised:

Wordle from my blog
I'm having my doubts about the wordle's accuracy.  I think it might favor more recent posts.

1 comment:

Not sure said...

That's a interesting feature. Thanks for sharing!