Monday, August 29, 2011

Does Google Calendar Now Gray Out Old Events?

Update:  Thanks to a comment from reader Renji, I have learned this is, in fact, a setting in Google Calendar, called "Event Dimming," located in the settings page.  Glad to know I have some shreds of eyesight and sanity left.  Now, I'd like someone to clue me in on when this feature started (or, if it was months ago, let's just forget I asked).

Looking at my calendar, this morning, I believe Google Calendar has started to gray out old events, making it easier to focus on today's appointments.  Is this new and intentional, is it old, or am I just seeing things?  (You are instructed to disregard the red line in the first image.)




By the way, while I like Aviary's suite of tools, I get really annoyed with it's "user-friendliness" . . .

5 comments:

Renji said...

That's a Google Calendar feature. You can find it under "Event dimming" on the settings page.

Daniel said...

Thanks, Renji. I appreciate your response and impressed with the timing.

Vince said...

I have just noticed this today as well... Maybe they changed it to be on by default instead of off...

Daniel said...

So, was this previously in the settings and just off?

Also, if this was a lab, was the past dimming also included? I remember dimming for future events.

Not sure said...

I like it, I think that it will take some time to get used too because I'm used to seeing my entire week laid out instead of, "This is all you have left."