Saturday, February 21, 2009

VDAY (without the bloodshed)

I should have posted about this earlier, but I'm just now getting to it. FORGIVE! I hope the image to the right isn't too graphic for you . . . (keep in mind that they're hearts and not blood).

It was a normal day of work, as usual. However, late in the afternoon, just a little bit before I was about to head out, I got a call from one of my coworkers who said that something had happened to my car. I couldn't hear him very well at first and it sounded like he said that someone had "hit [my] car." Great, I sighed to myself. But then he spoke a little more clearly and said that someone had hearted my car. Phew! (See the sideshow for the pictures.)

Yes, my sweet wife and eternal companion had snuck into my car and placed all kinds of Valentine's Day paraphernalia all over the place. Awww. At least a few guys at work had noticed it and I felt like the luckiest husband ever. And I am, of course.

On Saturday, for the real VDay, my wife and I went over to the church for a life-sized version of some board game. It was pretty clever and involved the whole family, taking turns as to who would move the spaces.





In the evening, my wife and I made our usual visit to the MTC for the "teaching appointment" and we nearly fell and broke our necks about five times on the walk into the main entrance. My wife wasn't too happy about this and warmly (understatement) told the girl at the desk that, "You should really de-ice the sidewalks outside because a pregnant woman like myself could fall down and sue the MTC." Hard words from a hard woman.

My wife made a delicous heart shaped pizza for dinner as we sipped some sparkling cider and wolfed down some scrumptious chocolates, all while finishing the last few chapters in our audio version of Hairless Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (BTW, I guess I never wrote a review about that; if you're dying to see my opinion, do let me know and I'll consent.)

This was a male's ultimate dream: I didn't have to plan anything this time, it was simple and relaxed, and we just enjoyed a quiet evening together. Don't get no better than that, Harry!

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Bring on the Hairless Potter review o Daniel Radcliffe!!

Glad to hear you had such a splendid V-day. I especially enjoyed the Clubber Lang inference. Keep it up.

Daniel said...

I will bust it out, then.

I didn't realize I had made a Clubber Lang reference. I guess I'm just that hardcore!