Thursday, February 19, 2009

We Have Acceptance!

Yes, it's very hard to believe it, but I have finally been accepted to at least one law school. And yes, I will be the first to admit that it is only to the "evening" program so far, but we'll take it!

Christy is super excited and you would think that she were about to strap a back pack on or to start carrying a brief case.

I have to admit I don't know a whole lot about UCONN, but it is in the top 50 and that's probably better than I deserve, given my weak LSAT scores. ("Somebody's gotta save us kids.")

One thing that is pretty much nailed down is that we will live on the east coast. How do I know? Pretty much because the only school left on the west coast is Stanford . . . I only really applied to UW, Oregon, and Stanford on the left side of the country, I would take UCONN over Oregon and I didn't get into CU.

Who knows, maybe Harvard will shock the world and admit me by mistake . . .




2 comments:

Fletch said...

Dude, give me ranking #s when you bring up schools. Perhaps you will have to follow Don Christobal's footsteps and make a transfer?

Are you only fixing to go to a school on some sort of scholarship?

Daniel said...

UCONN is ranked #46 and UK is #59, according to http://top-law-schools.com/rankings

I don't necessarily have to have a scholarship, it just depends on the schools in question.

I.e., if I think one school is probably a good deal better than the other, I would probably need a scholarship to lure me to the latter.