Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The End of a Dream.

"There is no point apportioning blame," said Snape smoothly.  "What is done, is done."

And so it goes.

After a few "whoa, whoa!"s, a few miscues, a few tears, and some unsavory spots on the carpet (they're gone now, take heart!), we've decided to shelve our daughter's potty training for another 6-8 weeks.

I would do a parody here on the I have a dream speech, except for the fact that I enjoy life and want to wake up tomorrow morning . . . alive.


"Farewell, potty training, king of ambitions, whose long and faithful friendship those who knew you won't forget! Though your impact will decay, your spirit lingers on in the quiet, duty-free places of your apartment home. May your future offspring ever flourish and your human friends find solace for the loss they have sustained."

4 comments:

Not sure said...

Haha, I liked your Professor Slughhorn poetry. It was sad that she didn't quiet make it and she did learn how to hold it in the car! Steps were made, the carpet was warmed, and wel will continue again in the near future.

Steph said...

HAHAHA you crack me up.

Pam said...

Though today's battle was lost, take heart, the war will eventually be won! ;)

Daniel said...

I agree, if Maria lived out the rest of her days in diapers, I would feel very remorseful, indeed!

=D