Saturday, September 18, 2010

How secure is your email password? (You might want to read this!)

Hackers may be unable to read
your mind; however, I guarantee
they have other methods . . .
Have you seen a rash of Gmail, Yahoo!, and Facebook accounts getting hacked, lately?

I have.

I read an article the other day on email password safety.  I strongly recommend you give it a shufti:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20016442-245.html?tag=topStories3

You might also just reconsider how public you want that Facebook account to be . . .
Guys like this dude know how to
figure out your password!
So be careful.

Heck, I'm a little creeped out, and I generally consider my disclosures quite conservative.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the article has less to do with passwords per se and more to do with things like security questions, etc.

Long live your account integrity.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Wow...that is VERY unnerving! And the part about the information floating around through genealogy research...that's just sad. There's a lot to think about in that article. Thank you for sharing!

Not sure said...

I guess I will have to change my "surfergirl0435" password. :(

Daniel said...

Is that the password or the account name? =D