Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Google Instant

Okay, this is pretty dang awesome.



If you're too "busy" to watch this 1:41 video, just know that Google can now give you instant results as you search.

I've given it a quick whirl, and it's pretty jumbo-large (smashing).

Here's the official Google blog post and the unofficial Google news post, and the behind-the-scenes, detailed explanation.

Results appear below, as the user types

All of this prompts two questions for me:

1) "Google Instant is a new search enhancement that shows results as you type. We are pushing the limits of our technology and infrastructure to help you get better search results, faster"  Now the question:  If Google's all about showing results as I type, for better, faster results, when can I get find-as-you-type enabled in Chrome!!??  See Issue 150 to find out what I'm whining about.

2) How will Bing respond?  Big Facebook "like" buttons for every search result!  MS's current state of affairs:  "Always and forever."

Vomit.  I can't believe I just did a Mac guy spinoff!  I hate you, Steve!

2 comments:

Brandon Brooks said...

I think the live search is pretty cool. I turned off my search as I type feature in Firefox, because it was really annoying, but if people want it, it is there.

Daniel said...

So in summary, you think it's pretty cool, and it really annoys you? :)

Or did I misunderstand?